Vir2 Instruments Acoustic Legends
A broad collection of acoustic guitars
Presenting $40,000 of the finest acoustic guitars in the world, sampled in glorious high definition 24-bit 96kHz stereo, now available in this premium 19 gigabyte collection. This broad collection of acoustic guitars is sampled in the finest detail in a variety of playing styles, including picked notes, finger picked notes, natural and artificial harmonics, harmonic chords, mutes, chords, release layers, and even fret noise sampled for each guitar.
Included in Acoustic Legends HD are several different steel string guitars, nylon strings, twelve strings, acoustic bass, as well as a bonus folder featuring mandolin, ukulele, and banjo. Acoustic Legends HD features the world’s best guitars from McPherson, Taylor, Gibson, Martin, and other manufacturers.
Also featured are numerous bonus patches of special effects, doubled guitars, and more. Acoustic Legends HD also features chord banks containing twelve different chord types in varying positions, with multiple velocity layers and multiple takes per layer, and with both up-strokes and down-strokes, making it simple to create fully authentic rhythm guitar parts. Experience legendary acoustic guitars, sampled in gorgeous detail and now available in one exquisite virtual instrument.
The controls in the upper part of the interface offer access to audio outputs, MIDI channel input, polyphony, as well as standard solo, mute, tune, pan, and volume controls. Below that is an interface specifically designed for and tailored to the Acoustic Legends HD library. The configuration of these knobs varies slightly from instrument to instrument. The top row offers an optimized EQ module allowing you to use a low and/or high shelf, as well as a mid control. A standard reverb module is also offered, with level and size controls to customize the sound, as is a stereo width knob.
Other knobs and displays vary by instrument. Instruments that utilize fret noise and release layers feature specific knobs, allowing you to control their levels or switch them off entirely. Chord banks offer a capo knob, giving you an instant virtual capo over your rhythm guitar playing. Chord banks that utilize keyswitching also feature an on-screen display (seen above) which show which chord layer is active at any given time.
Acoustic Legends HD may be used multitimbrally; multiple instruments can be loaded at once and sequenced either independently or simultaneously, depending on how the user sets up the MIDI channels.
- 19 gigabytes of acoustic guitar samples
- 24-bit, 96kHz samples, utilizing the finest in high-end microphones and preamps, sampled in thorough detail including release layers, fret noise, finger noise, and more
- Numerous articulations and styles of playing, including finger picked, plastic picked, harmonics, harmonic chords, mutes, single notes, and chord banks
- Massive chord instruments, both 6-string and 12-string guitars, featuring 12 different chord types, optional capo control, down- and up-strokes, mute strums, and body knocks, making it possible to create authentic rhythm guitar strumming patterns
- Multiple and contrasting guitars sampled within each folder, including 2 different nylon-stringed guitars, 7 different steel-stringed guitars, 2 different twelve-stringed guitars, etc.
- Variation patches for each guitar, including delays, phasers, choruses, flangers, compressors, and unusual effects
- Bonus content including acoustic bass, banjo, mandolin (single notes, chords, and tremolo), ukulele (single notes and chords), and guitar effects (body knocks, fret noise)
- Bonus special effects content featuring dozens of unusual sound design patches, based upon the sample sets of the acoustic guitars but warped in unique and musically distinct ways
- Optimized onscreen EQ controls
- Easy-to-use built-in reverb module and stereo width control
- Remote control of various sonic parameters available via MIDI CC
- Multitimbral operation, supporting up to 64 simultaneous instruments (subject to RAM availability), receiving up to 64 MIDI channels (16 in plug-in mode)
- Kontakt Player engine, supporting standalone operation as well as plug-in operation in all major hosts that support AudioUnits, VST, or RTAS plug-ins
"With this huge variety of excellent material... Vir2 Instruments achieves realism." - PC & Musik magazine (Germany)
"The Acoustic Legend HD collection is worth its price for the chordal banks alone, but when you include the single string and Xtra instrument banks, it is an exceptional bargain." - Recording Magazine US